It’s been a while since I posted to this blog. No excuses, just adjusting to working full time. There has been a lot going on with my FileMaker development and I even heard from Commander “Devil Doc” Baker who’s now stationed at Camp Lejeune. It was sure good to hear from him and more on that in a separate post soon.
I’ve been caught up in the day-to-day routine trouble shooting of data that I find it hard to carve out time for pure development. This is one of the challenges that I face working full time. Are data issues due to system development, user input or bad or missing data within exchange systems? They are any number or combinations of these. Only if…
- Users would just read those dialog boxes that we so thoughtfully place within the routine.
- We could always test ever single iteration and option of any new piece of code with reliable testers, and then do it again.
- Third parties that we rely on to suck data into our systems would just be consistent.
So, here’s a glimpse of what’s coming up in the very near future, in no particular order:
- Update on Commander “Devil Doc” Baker
- FileMaker 12 – Part 2
- Pieces of Code & Things That Go Bump During Development
- What Was I Thinking? Revisiting Code You Once Thought Was Good
I plan to make a few changes and to spend a little more time contributing here. There will be a new section I can deposit snippets of development pieces, primarily for my own use so I can find them again and re-use them. And, to share with you, hopefully helping in some small way.